If you have provided personal information to us and accepted marketing updates in one of our properties it will be Golden Fleece Ltd as the operator of the business who are solely responsible for the data. This notice explains how we use
How does The Golden Fleece Inn collect your personal information?
We may collect your personal information through some of the following ways:
- When you sign up to use free WIFI
- Signing up to the Golden Fleece Inn newsletter
- Visiting the Golden Fleece Inn website
- When you contact us by telephone or email to make an enquiry, booking or to make a purchase
- When you register for a prize draw or competition
- When completing our guest feedback submission
- When completing any forms for transactional, employment or other purposes.
- Through marketing emails and subsequent replies and.
- Trough our recruitment process
- Social networks.
- Fraud prevention agencies
- Government and law enforcement agencies
- Card associations
What types of personal information will The Golden Fleece Inn collect about you?
In addition to personal details such as your name, date of birth, address, email and telephone number, The Golden Fleece Inn may also collect some of the following personal information about you:
- Details of transactions you make with The Golden Fleece Inn (whether in-pub, via phone or via the Website).
- Details of refunds
- Details of your visit preferences, such as why you visit us and your favourite products.
- Details of your visits to the Website, in-store WIFI and the resources that you access.
- Details of which electronic mailers you open and whether
- Details of when you contact The Golden Fleece Inn by email, post or telephone. Please note that we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Any other information from which we can identify you (or which is available on public registers).
- Details on the devices and technology you use.
- CCTV footage of you when you are at our premises
- For loyalty scheme purposes
What does The Golden Fleece Inn use your personal information for?
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential (although we reserve the right to disclose this information in certain circumstances, as set out below).
We confirm that any personal information which you provide to us will be held securely. We will use and process your personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, as amended from time to time, as well as any other relevant data protection or privacy legislation. The types of uses we will make of your personal information shall include the following:
- Process any orders and bookings that you make via the Website, (please note that your details may need to be passed to a third party in order for them to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered and we may retain your details for a reasonable period of time after you have completed the transaction in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees etc).
- Process payments and prevent fraudulent transactions (we may retain your details for these purposes for a reasonable period of time and we may pass your details to a third party to carry out these functions).
- With your consent, retain your personal information, preferences and details of your transactions in order to keep you informed by email, post, mobile messaging, telephone and/or through other digital means including social media platforms, about products and services (including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on) offered by The Golden Fleece Inn, as well as recommending those which we feel will be of particular interest to you. Please note that this may involve passing your details to carefully selected third parties who will hold and process information for the purposes of sending Golden Fleece Inn communications only.
- Improve the content and appearance of the Website, to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Assess and process your job application (we may retain a record of your information for a reasonable period of time following the end of our recruitment selection process for administration purposes). For further information relating to job applications please view our job applicants policy: https://www.goldenfleeceinn.com/?p=1580
- Administer any prize draws or competitions run by The Golden Fleece Inn. Please refer to the specific terms & conditions for each prize draw or competition.
- Carry out assessment and analysis (for example market, customer and product analysis) to enable us to review, develop and improve the products or services which we offer.
- Comply with our legal obligations
- Enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of The Golden Fleece Inn, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- As mentioned above, we may also disclose your personal information to carefully-selected and monitored third parties who are engaged to help us run, manage and improve the quality of the products and services that The Golden Fleece Inn offer, as well as for marketing and fraud and credit checking purposes. We require all the third parties that we interact with to treat your personal information as carefully and confidentially as we do.
You should be aware that if we are requested by the police or any other regulatory or government authority investigating suspected illegal activities to provide your personal information or any other information we obtain about you, we are entitled do so.
In circumstances where you contact us by telephone, calls may be recorded for quality, training and security purposes. Calls may also be monitored without your consent for the following circumstances: to provide evidence of a business transaction; to prevent or detect a crime; to investigate the unauthorised use of a telecom system; to ensure that a business complies with regulatory procedures; to see that quality standards or targets are being met; in the interests of national security; and to secure the effective operation of the telecom system.
We will not keep your personal information processed by us for any purpose or purposes for longer than is necessary for that purpose or for those purposes. Under data protection legislation you have the right to access information held about you. If you chose to exercise this right, then any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
CCTV recordings are kept up to 14 days after recordings (longer if there is an incident that requires us to produce footage as evidence).
How can I unsubscribe?
If at any point you no longer wish us to hold your personal information or you do not wish to receive information from us then there are a number of ways you can unsubscribe. These are as follows:
- You can click onto the “unsubscribe” link in any communication that we send to you by email which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Each “unsubscribe” link only relates to that specific type of communication (e.g. marketing communications or survey communications). This means that unsubscribing from marketing communications will not automatically unsubscribe you from our survey communications (or vice versa). Please also note that you may continue to receive communications which are already on route to you for a short period of time while your relevant unsubscribe request is being processed.
- Alternatively, you can contact our customer services by calling 01766512421, Monday to Friday: 9am-3pm or by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Should you wish for your details to be removed from our CRM system completely, then you will need to contact our customer services using the contact details above.
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”).
- The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
- Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
- Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
- Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
- By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Please note that all information was correct at the time of publish however management reserve the right to make alterations without prior notice.